Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finding my way back

Since my last entry, I have had to buy a new computer(very traumatic)! And now I discover that this website has also changed its look and it navigation. But here I am, back at it again. Things are good here. The garden is coming in full force- corn, tomatoes, lima beans, kale, blackeyed peas, and with enough rain to finally push it along. The canning cupboard is almost full, and soon the freezer will be too.
The chickens are looking very much like little red hens, but no eggs yet.
The guineas are growing into full fledged adult birds, but have still not left the barn, as far as I know. They may sneak out into the field now that soybeans are tall enough to hide them, but never when I can see them, probably because they know that where I go, the black menace is not far behind.
No luck find a Jersey cow(calf) yet. And no fenced fields yet, but soon.
So many projects.....
The soap business is coming along- doing craft shows and having friends sell at work. I'm exploring new scents and colors- looks promising.
I had an appointment at John Hopkins last week. The Dr there reviewed all my records, stating that Dr Cryer had done a good job. My sight should not get any worse thanks to the surgery I had, but will not get any better. Apparently there is research out there on replacing the stuctures that I have lost, but its not here yet.
So i can't watch TV, drive, sew, or even thread a needle. But I can grow vegetables, flowers, chickens, and guineas, and make soap!
Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back!!! You are so right.......Life is good for all of us.
Hope to see you soon, farmgirl

Love,
Cheri and John